Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One of those days

I'm knee-deep in the cranks with myself today. Not motivated to exercise. I just want to get back into making time for it. We got the Wii, and I love that thing, really, I do. The price tag on that sucker should be enough to get me goin', right? NOPE! My back hurts, sciatica's got me in a funk. If there ever was a good excuse NOT to get into Warrior II, sciatica is the one. My back is a constant reminder of very fragile I can be. It makes me want to cry sometimes. Damn!!

Adding to my lack of motivation, is sleep dep. Waking up a couple times a night, nursing my little guy back to slumber has me feeling groggy on most mornings. I end up laying on my side to nurse, and then fall asleep after he dozes off. So we wake-up for the next round in a couple hours. He just sticks his little neck out, like a frail baby bird, reaching for his fountain of youth with his lips puckered. It's the sweetest thing. I cradle his little head and back with my arm, I can't help it, I just want to wrap him up and inhale. It helps me fall back asleep - he smells THAT good. BUT, this side-sleeping business has got my back in a twist, my shoulder sockets are sore as all get out, and I wake up with a crick in my neck all the time.

I'm tired. My back hurts. I've got laundry to do. Lunch to make. Floors to clean. A dishwasher to empty. A dog to bath. Oh jeeeeees, I'll stop now. I'm getting agita just thinking about it all. Today's one of those days. Family's flying into town tomorrow. Looking forward to it, but there's too much to do. Waaaa :(

I started this morning with a cup of coffee, and I'm going to end it with a glass of wine.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment