Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby steps

We brought our baby boy home on Nov 6th, two days after he was born on Nov 4th - election day. He was so frail, so peaceful, so totally newborny and helpless. I remember pulling him out of the car seat, all 8 lbs of him, and introducing him to the house. His eyes wide, mouth pursed in awe. It's surreal to think about it. I have a lump in my throat.

That's why, when he does something like he just did a second ago, I get all flummoxed and weepy. One minute he can't hold his own noggin up, and the next, he's trying with all his might to, practically vibrating from muscle fatique. All of the little milestones in between now and then just get me good. Baby steps fascinate me. Like, right now. He just rolled over from his back to his stomach!!!!!! How'd he do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment