Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is it only me?

Do you ever hear your baby cry, even when he's not crying? Every time I settle down with my little girl in her room for bedtime, I swear I hear my little boy crying. So I pause in the middle of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and stretch my neck in the direction of where baby boy is, not sure if I can identify a cry in the air. I've come to learn that I hear his cry even when he's peacefully asleep. His voice rings in my ear. Sometimes I'll interrupt the sleep-time flow with baby girl and get up to see if I'm hearing things, and sure enough I am. When I'm in the shower, I hear it too. Or the few times I've been out without him, I hear him. I've even caught a whif of a stinky diaper when we're apart. But that's another story. It's a strange thing. My ears are always peeled for my baby's cry, and my trusty bionic hearing will fill in the blank even when he's silent. Shhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment